The Companies Act, 1956
417. Employees’ securities to be deposited in post office savings bank or Scheduled Bank.
1[(1) Any money or security deposited with a company by any of its employee in pursuance of his contract of service with the company shall be kept or deposited by the company within fifteen days from the date of deposit
(a)in a post office savings bank account, or
(b)in a special account to be opened by the company for the purpose in the State Bank of India or in a Scheduled Bank, or
(c)where the company itself is a Scheduled Bank, in a special account to be opened by the company for the purpose either in itself or in the State Bank of India or in any other Scheduled Bank.]
(2) No portion of such moneys or securities shall be utilized by the company except for the purposes agreed to in the contracts of service.
(3) A receipt for moneys deposited with a company by its employee shall not be deemed to be a security within the meaning of this section; and the moneys themselves shall accordingly be deposited 2[***] as provided in sub-section (1).
1. Subs. by Act 65 of 1960, sec. 158, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 28-12-1960).
2. The words “with a Scheduled Bank” omitted by Act 65 of 1960, sec. 158 (w.e.f. 28-12-1960).