The Companies Act, 1956
[424E. Rehabilitation by giving financial assistance.
1[424E. Rehabilitation by giving financial assistance.(1) Where the scheme relates to preventive, ameliorative, remedial and other measures with respect to the sick industrial company, the scheme may provide for financial assistance by way of loans, advances or guarantees or reliefs or concessions or sacrifices from the Central Government, a State Government, any scheduled bank or other bank, a public financial institution or State level institution or any institution or other authority (any Government, bank, institution or other authority required by a scheme to provide for such financial assistance being hereafter in this section referred to as the person required by the scheme to provide financial assistance) to the sick industrial company.
(2) Every scheme referred to in sub-section (1) shall be circulated to every person required by the scheme to provide financial assistance for his consent within a period of sixty days from the date of such circulation or within such further period, not exceeding sixty days, as may be allowed by the Tribunal, and if no consent is received within such period or further period, it shall be deemed that consent has been given.
(3) Where in respect of any scheme the consent referred to in sub-section (2) is given by every person required by the scheme to provide financial assistance, the Tribunal may, as soon as may be, sanction the scheme and on and from the date of such sanction the scheme shall be binding on all concerned.
(4) On the sanction of the scheme under sub-section (3), the financial institutions and the banks required to provide financial assistance, shall designate by mutual agreement a financial institution and a bank from amongst themselves which shall be responsible to disburse financial assistance by way of loans or advances or guarantees or reliefs or concessions or sacrifices agreed to be provided or granted under the scheme on behalf of all financial institutions and banks concerned.
(5) The financial institution and the bank designated under sub-section (4) shall forthwith proceed to release the financial assistance to the sick industrial company in fulfilment of the requirement in this regard.
(6) Where in respect of any scheme consent under sub-section (2) is not given by any person required by the scheme to provide financial assistance, the Tribunal may adopt such other measures, including the winding up of the sick industrial company, as it may deem fit.]
1. Section 424E ins. by Act 11 of 2003, sec. 47.