The Companies Act, 1956
592. Documents, etc., to be delivered to Registrar by foreign companies carrying on business in India
(1) Foreign companies which, after the commencement of this Act, establish a place of business within India shall, within 1[thirty days] of the establishment of the place of business, deliver to the Registrar for Registration-
(a) a certified copy of the charter, statutes, or memorandum and articles, of the company or other instrument constituting or defining the constitution of the company; and, if the instrument is not in the English language, a certified translation thereof;
(b) the full address of the registered or principal office of the company;
(c) a list of the directors and secretary of the company, containing the particulars mentioned in sub-section (2);
(d) the name and address or the names and addresses of some one or more persons resident in India, authorised to accept on behalf of the company service of process and any notices or other documents required to be served on the company; and
(e) the full address of the office of the company in India which is to be deemed its principal place of business in India.
(2) The list referred to in clause (c) of sub-section (1) shall contain the following particulars, that is to say:-
(a) with respect to each director,-
(i) in the case of an individual, his present name and surname in full, any former name or names and surname or surnames in full, his usual residential address, his nationality, and if that nationality is not the nationality of origin, his nationality of origin, and his business occupation, if any, or if he has no business occupation but holds any other directorship or directorships, particulars of that directorship or of some one of those directorships; and
(ii) in the case of a body corporate, its corporate name and registered or principal office; and the full name, address, nationality, and nationality of origin, if different from that nationality, of each of its directors;
(b) with respect to the secretary, or where there are joint secretaries, with respect to each of them-
(i) in the case of an individual, his present name and surname, any former name or names and surname or surnames, and his usual residential address; and
(ii) in the case of a body corporate, its corporate name and registered or principal office:
Provided that, where all the partners in a firm are joint secretaries of the company, the name and principal office of the firm may be stated instead of the particulars mentioned in clause (b) of this sub-section.
(3) Clauses (2) and (3) of the Explanation to sub-section (1) of section 303 shall apply for the purpose of the construction of references in subsection (2) to present and former names and surnames as they apply for the purposes of the construction of such references in sub-section (1) of section 303.
(4) Foreign companies, other than those mentioned in sub-section (1), shall, if they have not delivered to the Registrar before the commencement of this Act the documents and particulars specified in sub-section (1) of section 277 of the Indian Companies Act, 1913 (7 of 1913), continue to be subject to the obligation to deliver those documents and particulars in accordance with that Act.
1. Subs. by Act 31 of 1965, sec. 62 and Sch., for “one month” (w.e.f. 15-10-1965).