(1) The Council shall maintain in the prescribed manner a Register of the members of the Institute.
(2) The Register shall include the following particulars about every member of the Institute, namely :-
(a) His full name, date of birth, domicile, residential and professional addresses;
(b) The date on which his name is entered in the Register;
(c) His qualifications;
(d) Whether he holds a certificate of practice; and
(e) Any other particulars which may be prescribed.
(3) The Council shall cause to be published in such manner as may be prescribed a list of members of the Institute as on the 1st day of April of each year, and shall, if requested to do so by any such member, send him a copy of such list 1[on payment of such amount as may be prescribed].
2[(4) Every member of the Institute shall, on his name being entered in the Register, pay such annual membership fee as may be determined, by notification, by the Council, which shall not exceed rupees five thousand:
Provided that the Council may with the prior approval of the Central Government, determine the fee exceeding rupees five thousand which shall not in any case exceed rupees ten thousand.]
1. Ins. by Act 8 of 2006, sec. 17 (w.e.f. 17-11-2006).
2. Subs. by Act 8 of 2006, sec. 17, for sub-section (4) (w.e.f. 8-8-2006). Sub-section (4), before substitution, stood as under:
“(4) Every member of the Institute shall, on his name being entered in the Register, pay such annual membership fee differing in amount according as he is an Associate or a Fellow as may be prescribed, which shall not exceed three hundred rupees in any case.”