14. FINDING OF THE DISTRICT FORUM.
(1) If, after the proceeding conducted under section 13, the District Forum is satisfied that the goods complained against suffer from any of the defects specified in the complaint or that any of the allegations contained in the complaint about the services are proved, it shall issue an order to the opposite party directing him to do one or more of the following things, namely :-
(a) to remove the defect pointed out by the appropriate laboratory from the goods in question;
(b) to replace the goods with new goods of similar description which shall be free from any defect;
(c) to return to the complainant the price, or, as the case may be, the charges paid by the complainant;
(d) to pay such amount as may be awarded by it as compensation to the consumer for any loss or injury suffered by the consumer due to the negligence of the opposite party;
(e) to remove the defects or deficiencies in the services in question;
(f) to discontinue the unfair trade practice or the restrictive trade practice or not to repeat them;
(g) not to offer the hazardous goods for sale;
(h) to withdraw the hazardous goods from being offered for sale;
(i) to provide for adequate costs to parties.
(2) Every proceeding referred to in sub-section (1) shall be conducted by the President of the District Forum and at least one member thereof sitting together :
Provided that Where the member, for any reason, is unable to conduct the proceeding till it is completed, the President and the other member shall conduct such proceeding de novo.
(2A) Every order made by the District Forum under sub-section (1) shall be signed by its President and the member or members who conducted the proceeding :
Provided that where the proceeding is conducted by the President and one member and they differ on any point or points, they shall state the point or points on which they differ and refer the same to the other member for hearing on such point or points and the opinion of the majority shall be the order of the District Forum.
(3) Subject to the foregoing provisions, the procedure relating to the conduct of the meetings of the District Forum, its sittings and other matters shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.
1. Subs. by Act 50 of 1993, sec.12, for “take” (w. e. f. 18-6-1993).
2. Ins. by Act 62 of 2002, sec.10 (w. e. f. 15-3-2003).
3. Ins. by Act 50 of 1993, sec.12 (w. e. f. 18-6-1993).
4. Subs. by Act 62 of 2002, sec.10, for “remove the defects” (w. e. f. 15-3-2003).
5. Subs. by Act 34 of 1991, sec.2, for sub-section (2) (w. r. e. f. 15-6-1991).
6. Subs. by Act 62 of 2002, sec.10, for “Provided that where the member, for any reason , is unable to conduct the proceeding till it is completed, the President and the other member shall conduct such proceeding de novo.” (w. e. f. 15-3-2003).