4. THE CENTRAL CONSUMER PROTECTION COUNCIL.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, establish with effect from such date as it may specify in such notification, a Council to be known as the Central Consumer Protection Council (hereinafter referred to as the Central Council).
(2) The Central Council shall consist of the following members, namely :-
(a) the Minister in charge of Consumer Affairs in the Central Government, who shall be its Chairman, and
(b) such number of other official or non-official members representing such interests as may be prescribed.
1. Subs. by Act 62 of 2002, Sec. 3, for “The Central Government may” (w. e. f.15-3-2003).
2. Notified vide S.O. 512 (E), dated 8th May, 2003.
3. Subs. by Act 50 of 1993, Sec. 3, for “the Department of Food and Civil Supplies” (w. r. e. f.18-6-1993).