7. THE STATE CONSUMER PROTECTION COUNCILS.
(1) The State Government may, by notification, establish with effect from such date as it may specify in such notification, a Council to be known as the Consumer Protection Council for …………. (hereinafter referred to as the State Council).
(2) The State Council shall consist of the following members, namely :-
(a) the Minister in-charge of consumer affairs in the State Government who shall be its Chairman;
(b) such number of other official or non-official members representing such interest as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(3) The State Council shall meet as and when necessary but not less than two meetings shall be held every year.
(4) The State Council shall meet at such time and place as the Chairman may think fit and shall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business as may be prescribed by the State Government.
1. Subs. by Act 62 of 2002, Sec. 4, for “The State Government may” (w .e. f. 15-3-2003).
2. Subs. by Act 50 of 1993, sec. 6, for sub-section (2) (w. r. e.f. 18-6-1993).
3. Inserted by Act 62 of 2002, sec. 4 (w. e. f. 15-3-2003).