26. Fees. –
(1) The fees payable under the Act in respect of any matter shall be as specified in the Second Schedule.
(2) The fees may be paid to the Registrar of Copyrights, New Delhi, by a postal order or a bank draft issued by a Scheduled Bank as defined in the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, or by deposit into a Government Treasury or a branch of the Reserve Bank of India or the State Bank of India under the head of account : Major Head – ‘XLVI – Miscellaneous’. Minor Head ‘Naturalization, Passport and Copyright Fees’.
(3) Postal orders and bank drafts shall be crossed and draw able in New Delhi.
(4) Payment by bank drafts shall not be valid unless the amount of bank commission is included therein.
(5) Where payment is made by deposit in a Government Treasury or a branch of the Reserve Bank of India or the State Bank of India, the challan evidencing the payment shall be sent to the authority concerned by pre-paid registered post.