The Central Universities Act,2009
8.Visitor of University.
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitors of the University.
(2) The Visitor may, from time to time, appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of the University, including Colleges and Institutions maintained by it, and to submit a report thereon; and upon receipt of that report, the Visitor may, after obtaining the views of the Executive Council thereon through the Vice-Chancellor, take such action and issue such directions, as he considers necessary, in respect of any of the matters dealth with in the report and the University shall abide by such action and be bound to comply with such directions.
(3) The Visitor shall have the right to cause an inspection to the made by such person or persons, as he may direct, of the University, it buildings, libraries, laboratories, and equipment, and of any College or Institution maintained by the University; and also of the examinations, teaching and other work conducted or done by the University and to cause an inquiry to be made in like manner in respect of any matter connected with the administration or finances of the University, Colleges or Institutions.
(4) The Visitor shall, in every matter referred to in sub-section (3), give notice of his intention to cause an inspection or inquiry to be made, to the University, and the University shall have the right to make such representations to the Visitor, as it may consider necessary.
(5) After considering the representations, if any, made by the University, the Visitor may cause to eb made such inspection or inquiry as is referred to in sub-section (3).
(6) Where any inspection or inquiry has been caused to be made by the Visitor, the University, shall be entitled to appoint a representative, who shall have the right to be present and be heard at such inspection or inquiry.
(7) The Visitor may, if the inspection or inquiry is made in respect of the University or any College or institution maintained by it, address the Vice-Chancellor with reference to the result of such inspection or inquiry together with such views and advice with regard to the action to be taken thereon, as the Visitor may be pleased to offer, and no receipt of address made by the Visitor, the Vice-Chancellor shall communicate, to the Executive Council, the views of the Visitor with such advice as the Visitor may other upon the action to be taken thereon.
(8) The Executive Council shall communcate through the Vice-Chancellor to the Visitor such action, if any, as it proposes to take or has been taken upon the result of such inspection or inquiry.
(9) Where, the Executive Council does not, within a reasonable time, take action to the satisfaction of the Visitor, the Visitor may, after considering any explanation furnished or representation made by the Executive Council, issue such directions, as be may think fit, and the Executive Council shall comply with such directions.
(10) Without prejudice to the forgoing provisions of this section, the Visitor may, by order in writing, annual any proceeding of the University which is not in conformity with this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances:
Provides that before making any such order, he shall call upon the Registrar to show cause why such an order should not be made, and, if any cause is shown within a reasonable time, he shall consider the same.
(11) The Visitor shall have such other powers as may be prescribed by the Statutes.