5. APPOINTMENT AND FUNCTIONS OF CONTROLLERS. –
(1) The State Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint a Controller for carrying out the provisions of this Act, and may also by the same or subsequent notification appoint such number of Additional, Deputy or Assistant Controllers as it may deem fit.
(2) The Controller shall discharge his functions under this Act subject to the general control and directions of the State Government.
(3) The Controller may authorise such persons as he thinks fit also to exercise all or any of the powers exercisable by him under this Act other than the powers under sub-section (5) and different persons may be authorised to exercise different powers.
(4) Subject to any general or special direction given or imposed by the Controller, any person authorised by the Controller to exercise any powers may exercise those powers in the same manner and with the same effect as if they have been conferred on that person directly by this Act and not by way of authorisation.
(5) The Controller may also, –
(a) perform all or any of the functions of, and
(b) exercise all or any of the powers conferred by this Act or any rule or order made there under on, any officer lower in rank than himself.
The Controller can also—
(i) perform all or any of the functions of, and
(ii) exercise all or any of the powers conferred by this Act on,
any of his subordinate officers.