13. Contents of Deed of Apartment-
(1) Whenever any allotment, sale or other transfer of any apartment is made, the promoter shall, –
(a) In the case of an allotment, sale or other transfer made after the commencement of this Act, within three months from the date of such allotment, sale or other transfer, or
(b) In the cases of any allotment, sale or other transfer made before the commencement of this Act, within six months from the date of such commencement.
Execute a Deed of Apartment containing the following particulars, namely:-
(i) The name of the allottee,
(ii) Description of the land on which the building and the common areas and facilities are located, and whether the land is free-hold or lease-hold, and if lease-hold, the period of such lease,
(iii) A set of floor plans of the multi-storeyed building showing the layout and location, number of apartments and bearing a verified statement of an architect certifying that it is an accurate copy o f the portions of the plans of the building as filed with, and approved by, the local authority within the jurisdiction of which the building is located.
(iv) Description of the multi-storeyed building, stating the number of storeys and basements, the number of apartments in that building and the principal material of which it is constructed.
(v) The apartment number, or statement of the location of the apartment, its approximate area, number and dimension of rooms, and immediate common area to which it has access, and any other date necessary for its proper identification.
(vi) Description of the common areas and facilities and the percentage of undivided interest appertaining to the apartment in the common areas and facilities.
(vii) Description of the limited common areas and facilities, if any, stating to which apartments their use is reserved.
(viii) Value of the property and of each apartment, and a statement that the apartment and such percentage of undivided interest are nor encumbered in nay manner whatsoever on the date of execution of the Deed of Apartment.
(ix) Statement of the purposes for which the building and each of the apartments are intended and restricted as to use,
(x) The name of the person to receive service of process, together with the particulars of the residence or place of business of such person.
(xi) Provisions as to the percentage of votes by the apartment owners which shall be determinative of whether to rebuild, repair, restore, or sell the property in the event of damage or destruction of all or any part of the property.
Provided that the competent authority may, if its is satisfied that the promoter was prevented by sufficient cause from executing the Deed of Apartment in relation to any apartment within the period of three months, or six months, as the case may be, permit the promoter to execute such Deed of Apartment within such further period, not exceeding six months, a it may specify.
(2) The promoter shall-
(a) file in the office of the competent authority, and
(b) deliver to the concerned allotee or transferee, as the case may be a certified copy of each Deed of Apartment as registered under Section 14.
(3) Whenever any transfer of any apartment is made by the owner thereof, whether by sale, lease, mortgage, exchange, gift or otherwise, the transferor shall deliver to the transferee the certified copy of the Deed of Apartment delivered to him under sub section (2) after making an endorsement thereon as to the name, address and other particulars of the transferee, to enable the transferee to get the endorsement on the certified copy of the Deed of Apartment registered in accordance with the provisions of Section 14.
(4) Whenever any succession takes place to any apartment or part thereof, the successor, shall, within a period of six months from the date of such succession, make an application to the competent authority for recording such succession on the certified copy of the Deed of Apartment in relation to the concerned apartment, and, if there is any dispute as to the succession to the apartment, the competent authority shall decide the same, and for this purpose, such authority shall have effect of a decree and shall be appeasable as if it were a decree passed by the principal civil court of original jurisdiction.
(5) Whenever any succession to an apartment has been recorded by the competent authority under sub section (4)m such authority shall send a true copy of such record, to the concerned Registrar for registration thereof in accordance with the provision of Section 14.
(6) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the provisions of this section shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, the provisions of any other law, for the time being in force, relating to the transfer of immovable property.