14. Registration of Deed of Apartment –
(1) Every Deed of Apartment and every endorsement thereon relating to the transfer of the apartment shall be deemed to be a document which is compulsorily remittable under the Registration Act, 1908 ( 16 of 1908) and shall be registered with the Registrar accordingly, and the words and expressions used in this section but not defined in this Act, shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Registration Act, 1908 (16 of 1908).
(2) In all registration offices, a book called “Register of Deeds of Apartments under the Delhi Apartment Ownership Act, 1986” and an Index relating thereto shall be kept in such form and shall contain such particulars as may be prescribed.
(3) Whenever any endorsement on a Deed of Apartment is registered, the concerned Registrar shall forward a certified copy thereof to the compensation authority to enable that authority to make necessary entries in the certified copy of the concerned Deed of Apartment filed with it under sub section(2) of section13.
(4) Any person acquiring any apartment shall be deemed to have notice of the contents of the Deed of Apartment and the endorsement, if any, thereon as from the date of its registration under this section.
The following words used in this section have been defined under Registration Act.
1. “Book” includes a portion of a book and also any number of sheets connected together with a view of forming a book or portion of a book;
2. “Endorsement” and “Endorsed” include and apply to an entry in writing by a registering officer on a rider or covering slip to any document tendered for registration under this Act.