1. Short title extent and commencement. –
(1) This Act may be called the Delhi Land reforms Act 1954.
(2) It extends to the whole of the Union territory of Delhi, but shall not apply to
(a) [(Note: Subs. by s.2 of Delhi act 16 of 1956, for the words “The areas which”) the areas which are or may before the first day of November, 1956 be] included in a Municipality or a Notified Area under the provisions of the Punjab Municipal Act, 1911, or a Cantonment under the provisions of the Cantonments Act, 1924,
(b) [(Note: Subs. by s.2 of Central Act 4 of 1959 for the word “areas, controlled, notified, held, occupied or owned by the Delhi Improvement Trust”.) areas] included in any estate owned by the Central Government or any local authority, and
(c) Areas held and occupied for public purpose or a work of public utility and declared as such by the Chief Commissioner or acquired under the Land Acquisition Act. 1894, or any other enactment other than this Act, relating to acquisition of land for a public purpose.
3. It shall come into force at once.
4. The declaration of the Chief Commissioner under clause (c) of sub-section (2) shall be conclusive evidence that the land is held and occupied for a public purpose or a work of public utility.