5. Application for grant of permission for transfer under section 4 –
(1) Any person desiring to transfer any land referred to in section 4 sale, mortgage, gift, lease or otherwise may make an application in writing to the competent authority containing such particulars as may be prescribed.
(2) On receipt of an application under sub-section (1), the competent authority shall, after making such inquires as it deems fit, may, by order in writing, grant or refuse to grant the permission applied for.
(3) The competent authority shall not refuse to grant the permission applied for under this section except on one or more of the following grounds, namely:-
(i) That the land is needed or is likely to be needed for the effective implementation of the Scheme;
(ii) That the land is needed or is likely to be needed for securing the objects of the Delhi Development Authority referred to in section 6 of the Development Act;
(iii) That the land is needed or is likely to be needed for any development within the meaning of clause (d) of section 2 of the Development Act or for such things as public building and other public works and utilities, roads, housing, recreation, industry, business, markets, schools and other educational institutions, hospitals and public open spaces and other categories of public uses.
(4) Where the competent authority refuses to grant the permission applied for, it shall record in writing the reasons for doing so and a copy of the same shall be communicated to the applicant.
(5) Where within a period of thirty days of the date of receipt of an application under this section the competent authority does not refuses to grant the permission applied for or does not communicate the refusal to the applicant, the competent authority shall be deemed to have granted the permission applied for.
(1) This Act may be called the Delhi Land (Restrictions on Transfer) Act, 1972.
(2) It extends to the whole of the Union territory of Delhi.
(3) It shall come into force at once.