27. Settlement of disputes as to entries in Annual Register –
(1) All disputes regarding entries in the Annual Register based on the question whether a particular area of land is held and occupied for a public purposes or a work of public utility shall be referred to the Deputy Commissioner, who shall direct the party concerned to obtain a declaration of the Chief Commissioner under Sub-section (4) of Section of 1 of the Delhi Land Reforms Act, 1954.
(2) All other disputes regarding entries in the Annual Register shall be decided by the Tehsildar on the basis of possession.
(3) If in the course of an inquiry into a dispute under Sub-section (2), the Tehsildar is unable to satisfy himself as to which party is in possession, he shall ascertain by summary inquiry who is the person best entitled to the land, and shall put such person in possession.
(4) No order as to possession passed under this section shall debar and person from establishing his right to the land in any civil or revenue Court having jurisdiction.
Explanation –The term ‘possession’ in this section means possession based on admission, succession, transfer or lease referred to in Section 22.