20. Duties of tenant.-
(1) Every tenant shall be bound to keep the premises in good and tenantable repairs in relation to matters falling under Part B of Schedule III.
(2) Where any repairs, in relation to a matter falling under Part B of Schedule III, without which the premises are not habitable or usable except with undue inconvenience, are to be made ands the tenant neglects or fails to make them within a period of two months after notice in writing, the landlord may apply to the Rent Authority for permission to make such repairs himself and may submit to the Rent Authority an estimate of the cost of such repairs, and , thereupon the Rent Authority may , after giving the tenant an opportunity of being heard and after considering such estimate of the cost and making such inquiries as he may consider necessary, by an order in writing, permit the landlord it make such repairs at such cost as may be specified in the order, and it shall thereafter be lawful for the landlord to make such repairs himself and to recover the cost of such repairs , which shall in no case exceed the amount so specified, from the tenant.
(3) The landlord or a person authorised by him shall have the right to enter and inspect the premises after notice to the tenant in the manner prescribed.
(4) The tenant shall make good all damages caused to the premise by his negligence within three months of being informed in writing to do so by the landlord failing which the landlord may apply to the Rent Authority for permission to make good the said damages and the Rent Authority shall decide the matter in the manner provided in sub- section (2)
(5) The tenant shall hand over the possession of the premises on determination of tenancy in the same condition, except for the normal wear and tear, as it was in when it was handed over to him at the beginning of such tenancy and in a case where certain damages have been caused, cot being damages caused by force majeur, the tenant shall make good the damages caused to the premises failing which the landlord may apply to the Rent Authority shall decide the matter in the manner provided in sub- section (2).
(6) The tenant shall not, whether during the subsistence of tenancy or thereafter, demolish any improvement or alteration other than any fixture of a removable nature, without the permission of the landlord failing which such demolition or alteration shall be deemed to be a damage caused by such tenant under sub- section (4) and shall be dealt with a accordingly.