61. Appeal to the Tribunal-
(1) Any person aggrieved by an order passed or a decision made by the Rent Authority may, within thirty days from the date of such order or decision, prefer an appeal in writing to the Tribunal in the prescribed form and accompanied by a certified copy of the order or decision appealed against any by such fees as may be prescribed.
Provided that an appeal may be admitted after the expiry of the said period of thirty days, if the appellant satisfies the Tribunal that he had sufficient cause for not preferring the appeal within the specified period.
(2) In computing the aforesaid period of thirty days, the time taken in obtaining a certified copy of the order or decision appealed against shall be excluded.
(3) An appeal shall lie to the Tribunal from every order or decision of Rent Authority made under this Act both on question of law and facts :
Provided that no appeal shall lie from an order or decision of the Rent Authority made under section 11, section 12, section 21 or section 33 of this Act.
(4) On receipt of an appeal under sub section (1), the Tribunal shall, if satisfied after such inquiry as it may deem necessary, that the appeal is a fit case for adjudication by it, admit such appeal, but where the tribunal is not so satisfied, it may summarily reject the appeal, but where the tribunal is not so satisfied, it may summarily reject the appeal after recording its reason.
(5) The Tribunal shall endeavor to dispose of an appeal against the order or decision of the Rent Authority under clause (e), clause (f) or clause ( r) of sub-section (2) of section 22 or section 23, 24, 25, 26 or 33 within one month of filing of such appeal.