Laws and Bare Acts of India at

MyNation Foundation Online Law Library

Section 34- The Indian Divorce Act, 1869

The Indian Divorce Act, 1869


34. Husband may claim damages from adulterer. –


Any husband may, either in a petition for dissolution of marriage or for judicial separation only, claim damages from any person on the ground of his having committed adultery with the wife of such petitioner.


Such petition shall be served on the alleged adulterer and the wife, unless the Court dispenses with such service, or directs some other service to be substituted.


The damages to be recovered on any such petition shall be ascertained by the said Court, although the respondents or either of them may not appear.


After the decision has been given, the Court may direct in what manner such damages shall be paid or applied.



Previous | Next


The Indian Divorce Act, 1869


Indian Laws – Bare Acts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2022 Laws and Bare Acts of India at

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation