26. Purchaser of drug or cosmetic enabled to obtain test or analysis. –
Any person 1[or any recognised consumer association, whether such person is a member of that association or not] shall, on application in the prescribed manner and on payment of the prescribed fee, be entitled to submit for test or analysis to a Government Analyst any drug 2[or cosmetic] 3[purchased by him or it] and to receive a report of such test or analysis signed by the Government Analyst.
4[Explanation.—For the purposes of this section and section 32, “recognised consumer association” means a voluntary consumer association registered under the Companies Act, 1956 or any other law for the time being in force.]
1. Ins. by Act 71 of 1986, sec. 2 (w.e.f. 15-9-1987).
2. Ins. by Act 21 of 1962, sec. 15 (w.e.f. 27-7-1964).
3. Subs. by Act 71 of 1986, sec. 2, for “purchased by him” (w.e.f. 15-9-1987).
4. Added by Act 71 of 1986, sec. 2 (w.e.f. 15-9-1987).