32. Cognizance of offences. –
(1) No prosecution under this Chapter shall be instituted except by an Inspector 1or by the person aggrieved or by a recognised consumer association whether such person is a member of that association or not.]
(2) No court inferior to that of 2 a Metropolitan Magistrate or of a Judicial Magistrate of the first class] shall try an offence punishable under this Chapter.
(3) Nothing contained in this Chapter shall be deemed to prevent any person from being prosecuted under any other law for any act or omission, which constitutes an offence against this Chapter.
1. Ins. by Act 71 of 1986, sec. 3 (w.e.f. 15-9-1987).
2. Subs. by Act 68 of 1982, sec. 27, for “a Presidency Magistrate or of a Magistrate of the first class” (w.e.f. 1-2-1983).