7. The Drugs Consultative Committee. –
(1) The Central Government may constitute an advisory committee to be called “the Drugs Consultative Committee” to advise the Central Government, the State Governments and the Drugs Technical Advisory Board on any matter tending to secure uniformity throughout 1[ India] in the administration of this Act.
(2) The Drugs Consultative Committee shall consist of two representatives of the Central Government to be nominated by that Government and one representative of each State Government to be nominated by the State Government concerned.
(3) The Drugs Consultative Committee shall meet when required to do so by the Central Government and shall have power to regulate its own procedure.
1. Ins. by Act 3 of 1951, sec. 3 and Sch., for “the States”.