10. Power of Central Government to frame schemes.
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification, frame one or more schemes in relation to the amounts credited to the Deposit Accounts under this Act.
(2) A scheme framed under sub-section (1) may provide for-
(a) The authorities by which the Additional Wages Deposit Account and the Additional Dearness Allowance Deposit Account shall be opened and maintained;
(b) The time and manner in which amounts deducted from additional wages or additional dearness allowance shall be deducted and credited to the respective Deposit Account;
(c) The documents to be issued to persons in relation to whom amounts have been credited to the Deposit Accounts as evidence of such credit;
(d) Authority or authorities by or through which credits to the Deposit Accounts may be made;
(e) The accounts to be maintained with respect to the amounts credited to the Deposit Accounts and the officer by whom such Accounts shall be maintained;
(f) The nomination of persons to receive the amount standing in a Deposit Account to the credit of an employee in the event of his death, and cancellation or change of such nomination;
(g) The issue of duplicate of any document issued as evidence of any credit in the event of loss or destruction of the original and the fee, not exceeding rupees two, on the payment of which such duplicate may be issued;
(h) Repayment of amounts credited to the Deposit Accounts with interest due thereon and the conditions, if any, under which such repayment may be made;
(i) Any other matter which may be necessary or proper for the effective implementation of the scheme.
(3) A scheme framed under this section may provide that all or any of its provisions shall take effect, either prospectively or retrospectively, on such date, not being a date earlier than the appointed day, as may be specified in this behalf in the scheme and every scheme framed under this section shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in any law (other than this Act) for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any enactment other than this Act.
(4) The Central Government may make a scheme to add to, amend or vary any scheme framed under sub-section (1).