5D. Appointment of officers
(1) The Central Government shall appoint a Central Provident Fund Commissioner who shall be the chief executive officer of the Central Board and shall be subject to the general control and superintendence of that Board.
(2) The Central Government may also appoint a Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer to assist the Central Provident Fund Commissioner in the discharge of his duties.
(3) The Central Board may appoint subject to the maximum scale of pay as may be specified in the Scheme as many Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioners Deputy Provident Fund Commissioners Regional Provident Fund Commissioners Assistant Provident Fund Commissioners and such other officers and employees as it may consider necessary for the efficient administration of the Scheme the Family Pension Scheme and Insurance Scheme.
(4) No appointment to the post of the Central Provident Fund Commissioner or a Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officers or any other post under the Central Board carrying a scale of pay equivalent to the scale of pay of any Group ‘A’ or Group ‘B’ post under the Central Government shall be made except after consultation with the Union Public Service Commission.
Provided that no such consultation shall be necessary in regard to any such appointment
(a) for a period not exceeding one year or
(b) if the person to be appointed is at the time of his appointment
(i) a member of the Indian Administrative Service or
(ii) in the service of the Central Government or a State Government or the Central Board in a Group ‘A’ or Group ‘B’ post.
(5) A State Board may with the approval of the State Government concerned appoint such staff as it may consider necessary.
(6) The method of recruitment salary and allowances discipline and other conditions of service of the Central Provident Fund Commissioner and the Financial Adviser and Chief Accounts Officer shall be such as may be specified by the Central Government and such salary and allowances shall be paid out of the Fund.
(7)(a) The method of recruitment salary and allowances discipline and other conditions of service of Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner Deputy Provident Fund Commissioner Regional Provident Fund Commissioner Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner and other officers and employees of the Central Board shall be such as may be specified by the Central Board in accordance with the rules and orders applicable to the officers and employees of the Central Government drawing corresponding scales of pay :
Provided that where the Central Board is of the opinion that it is necessary to make a departure from the said rules or orders in respect of any of the matters aforesaid it shall obtain the prior approval of the Central Government.
(b) In determining the corresponding scales of pay of officers and employees under clause (a) the Central Board shall have regard to the educational qualifications method of recruitment duties and responsibilities of such officers and employees under the Central Government and in case of any doubt the Central Board shall refer the matter to the Central Government whose decision thereon shall
(8) The method of recruitment salary and allowances discipline and other conditions of service of officers and employees of State Board shall be such as may be specified by that Board with the approval of the State Government concerned.
Acts and proceedings of the Central Board or its Executive Committee or the State Board not to be invalidated on certain grounds
No act done or proceeding taken by the Central Board or the Executive Committee constituted under section 5AA or the State Board shall be questioned on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in or any defect in the constitution of the Central Board or the Executive Committee or the State Board as the case may be.