6C. Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
(1) The Central Government may by notification in the Official Gazette frame a Scheme to be called the Employees’ Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme for the purpose of providing life insurance benefits to the employees of any establishment or class of establishments to which this Act applies.
(2) There shall be established as soon as may be after the framing of the Insurance Scheme a Deposit-linked Insurance Fund into which shall be paid by the employer from time to time in respect of every such employee in relation to whom he is the employer such amount not being more than one per cent of the aggregate of the basic wages dearness allowance and retaining allowance (if any) for the time being payable in relation to such employee as the Central Government may by notification in the Official Gazette specify.
Explanation : For the purposes of this sub-section the expressions “dearness allowance” and “retaining allowance” have the same meanings as in section 6.
[(3) Omitted w.e.f. 16-11-1995]
(4)(a) The employer shall pay into the Insurance Fund such further sums of
money not exceeding one-fourth of the contribution which he is required to make under sub-section (2) as the Central Government may from time to time determine to meet all the expenses in connection with administration of the Insurance Scheme other than the expenses towards the cost of any benefits provided by or under that Scheme.
[(b) Omitted w.e.f. 16-11-1995]
(5) The Insurance Fund shall vest in the Central Board and be administered by it in such manner as may be specified in the Insurance Scheme.
(6) The Insurance Scheme may provide for all or any of the matters specified in Schedule IV.
(7) The Insurance Scheme may provide that any of its provisions shall take effect either prospectively or retrospectively on such date as may be specified in this behalf in that Scheme.