16. PRINCIPAL OFFICERS. –
(1) The Central Government may, in consultation with the Corporation, appoint a Director General and a Financial Commissioner.
(2) The Director General shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation.
(3)2 The Director General and the Financial Commissioner shall be whole time officers of the Corporation and shall not undertake any work unconnected with their office without the sanction of the Central Government 3and of the Corporation.
(4) 2The Director General or the Financial Commissioner shall hold office for such period, not exceeding five years, as may be specified in the order appointing him. An outgoing Director General or the Financial Commissioner shall be eligible for reappointment if he is otherwise qualified.
(5) 2The Director General or the Financial Commissioner shall receive such salary and allowances as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(6) A person shall be disqualified from being appointed as or for being the Director General or the Financial Commissioner if he is subject to any of the disqualification specified in section 13.
(7) The Central Government may at any time remove the 4Director General or the Financial Commissioner from office and shall do so if such removal is recommended by a resolution of the Corporation passed at a special meeting called for the purpose and supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds of the total strength of the Corporation.
1. Subs. by Act 29 of 1989, sec. 6, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 20-10-1989).
2. Subs. by Act 29 of 1989, sec. 6, for “The Principal Officers” (w.e.f. 20-10-1989).
3. Ins. by Act 44 of 1966, sec. 10 (w.e.f. 17-6-1967).
4. Subs. by Act 29 of 1989, sec. 6, for “A Principal Officer” (w.e.f. 20-10-1989).