41. RECOVERY OF CONTRIBUTIONS FROM IMMEDIATE EMPLOYER. –
(1) A principal employer, who has paid contribution in respect of an employee employed by or through an immediate employer, shall be entitled to recover the amount of the contribution so paid (that is to say the employer’s contribution as well as the employee’s contribution, if any) from the immediate employer, either by deduction from any amount payable to him by the principal employer under any contract, or as a debt payable by the immediate employer.
1(1A) The immediate employer shall maintain a register of employees employed by or through him as provided in the regulations and submit the same to the principal employer before the settlement of any amount payable under sub-section (1).
(2) In the case referred to in sub-section (1), the immediate employer shall be entitled to recover the employee’s contribution from the employee employed by or through him by deduction from wages and not otherwise, subject to the conditions specified in the proviso to sub-section (2) of section 40.
1. Ins. by Act 29 of 1989, sec. 13 (w.e.f. 1-2-1991).
2. Explanation omitted by Act 44 of 1966, sec. 14 (w.e.f. 28-1-1968).