5. TERM OF OFFICE OF MEMBERS OF THE CORPORATION. –
(1) Save as otherwise expressly provided in this Act, the term of office of members of the Corporation, other than 1the members referred to in clauses (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e) of section 4 and the ex officio member, shall be four years commencing from the date on which their 2appointment or election is notified :
Provided that a member of the corporation shall, notwithstanding the expiry of the said period of four years, continue to hold office until the 2appointment or election of his successor is notified.
(2) The members of the Corporation referred to in clauses 3(a), (b), (c), (d) and (e) of section 4 shall hold office during the pleasure of the Government 3appointing them.
1. Subs. by Act 44 of 1966, sec. 5, for certain words (w.e.f. 17-6-1967).
2. Subs. by Act 29 of 1989, sec. 4, for “nominating”, “re-nomination” and “nominated” (w.e.f. 20-10-1989).
3. Subs. by Act 44 of 1966, sec. 5, for “(c), (d) and (e)” (w.e.f. 17-6-1967).