74. CONSTITUTION OF EMPLOYEES’ INSURANCE COURT. –
(1) The State Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute an Employees’ Insurance Court for such local area as may be specified in the notification.
(2) The Court shall consist of such number of Judges as the State Government may think fit.
(3) Any person who is or has been a judicial officer or is a legal practitioner of five years standing shall be qualified to be a Judge of the Employees’ Insurance Court.
(4) The State Government may appoint the same Court for two or more
local areas or two or more Courts for the same local area.
(5) Where more than one Court has been appointed for the same local area, the State Government may by general or special order, regulate the distribution of business between them.
An employee insured under this Act cannot claim ‘compensation’ under the Workmen’s Compensation Act; Abad Fisheries v. Commissioner for Workmen’s Compensation, (1985) 50 FLR 512.