82. APPEAL. –
(1) Save as expressly provided in this section, no appeal shall lie from an order of an Employees’ Insurance Court.
(2) An appeal shall lie to the High Court from an order of an Employees’ Insurance Court if it involves a substantial question of law.
(3) The period of limitation for an appeal under this section shall be sixty days.
(4) The provisions of sections 5 and 12 of the 1limitation Act, 1963 (36 of 1963) shall apply to appeals under this section.
(i) Different units of appellant constitute single unit for the purpose of application of the Act; Srinidhi Silks and Textiles, Shimoga v. Regional Director, E.S.I. Corporation, Bangalore, 2006 LLR 76.
(ii) Recommendations of Medical Board are not binding on the E.S.I. Court; Chhotelal v. Regional Director of Employees’ State Insurance Corporation, (1989) 58 FLR 158 (MP).
1. Subs. by Act 29 of 1989, sec. 31, for “Indian Limitation Act, 1908 (9 of 1908) (w.e.f. 20-10-1989).