15. Procedure for restoration of property.
115. Procedure for restoration of property.
(1) An application for restoration of evacuee property shall be made to the Central Government or to any person authorized by the Central Government in this behalf
(2) The application shall contain the names of the persons interested in the property sought to be restored and the facts on which the claim for restoration is based.
(3) The application shall be verified in the same manner as a plaint under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.
(4) Before any order is made on the application, the Central Government or the authorized person, as the case may be, shall cause an inquiry to be held through the Custodian-General of the Custodian or any other person.
(5) (a) On receipt of the application, the Central Government or the authorised person, as the case may be, shall cause a notice of the application to be given to the party or parties named in the application and any other person who may otherwise appear to be interested in the property or the proceedings.
(b) A public notice of the application shall also be issued in a local daily or a weekly newspaper at the expense of the applicant.]
1. Subs. by Notification No. S.R.O. 667, dated 20th February, 1957