26. Administration and other charges.
(1) A fee equivalent to 10 percent. of gross realizations made from evacuee property shall be charged as administration charges from the date on which the property is taken over by the Custodian.
Explanation. -The sub-rule applies to Part “C” States only.
(2) A fee equivalent to 10 percent of gross realization made from evacuee property shall be charged on account of maintenance and normal repairs from the date on which the property is taken over by the Custodian.
1[(3) Nothing in sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (2) shall entitle the Custodian to recover any charges on account of the administration, maintenance or repairs of any evacuee property from the sale-proceeds thereof but where any such property is disposed of by sale, it shall be lawful for the Custodian to realize from the sale-proceeds only such amount as is, in his opinion, sufficient to defray the expenses incurred in connection with, or incidental to, the disposal of such property.]
(4) In addition to normal repairs the Custodian may also spend such amounts on special repairs to the property as are sanctioned by the Central Government or the Custodian-General. Such expenditure on special repairs will in the first instance be met out of the income of the property and if there is -not sufficient income, it will be debited against the capital value of the property.
1. Ins. by Notification No. S.R.O. 1673, dated 21st May, 1954.