LIST OF NOTIFIABLE DISEASES
[See sections 89 and 90]
1. Lead poisoning, including poisoning by any preparation or compound of lead or their sequelae.
2. Lead tetra-ethyl poisoning
3. Phosphorus poisoning or its sequelae.
4. Mercury poisoning or its sequelae.
5. Manganese poisoning or its sequelae.
6. Arsenic poisoning or its sequelae.
7. Poisoning by nitrous fumes.
8. Carbon disulphide poisoning.
9. Benzene poisoning, including poisoning by any of its homologues, their nitro or amido derivatives or its sequelae.
10. Chrome ulceration or its sequelae.
13. Poisoning by halogens or halogen derivatives of the hydrocarbons of
the aliphatic series.
14. Pathological manifestations due to
(a) radium or other radio-active substances.
15. Primary epitheliomatous cancer of skin.
16. Toxic anaemia.
17. Toxic jaundice due to poisonous substances.
218. Oil acne or dermatitis due to mineral oils and compounds containing
mineral oil base.
21. Occupational or contract dermatitis caused by direct contract with
chemicals and paints. These are of two types, that is primary irritants and allergic sensitizers.
22. Noise induced hearing loss (exposure to high noise levels).
323. Beriyllium poisoning.
424. Carbon monoxide
25. Coal miners’ pnoumoconiosis.
26. Phosgene poisoning.
27. Occupational cancer.
28. Isocyanates poisoning.
29. Toxic nephirits.
1. The existing Schedule re-numbered as the Third Schedule (w.e.f. 26-10-1976) by Act 20 of 1987, sec. 46 (w.e.f. 1-12-1987).
2. Ins. by Act 94 of 1976, sec. 45 (w.e.f. 26-10-76).
3. Ins. by Act 20 of 1987, sec. 46 (w.e.f. 1-12-1987).
4. Subs. by S.O. 343 (E), dated 19th April, 2001 (w.e.f. 19-4-2001).