18. Powers, privileges etc. of members. –
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and to the rules and standing orders regulating the procedure to the Legislative Assembly, there shall be freedom of speech in the Legislative Assembly.
(2) No member of the Legislative Assembly shall be liable to any proceedings in any court in respect of anything said or any vote given by him in the Assembly or any committee thereof and no person shall be so liable in respect of the publication by or under the authority of such Assembly or any report paper, votes or proceedings.
(3) In other respects, the powers, privileges and immunities of the Legislative Assembly and of the members and committees thereof shall be such as are for the time being enjoyed by the House of the people and its members and committees.
(4) The provisions of sub-section (1), (2) and (3) shall apply in relation to persons who by virtue of this Act have the right to speak in, and otherwise to take part in the proceedings of, the Legislative Assembly or any committee thereof as they apply in relation to members of that Assembly.