The International Airports Authority Act 1971
3. Constitution and incorporation of the Authority
(1) With effect from the commencement of this Act, the Central Government shall constitute an authority to be called the International Airports Authority of India.
(2) The Authority shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property both movable and immovable , and to contract and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
(3) The Authority shall consist of
(a) a Chairman to be appointed by the Central Government.
(b) the Director-General of Civil Aviation ex-officio; and
(c) not less than six and not more than thirteen members to be appointed by the Central Government.
(4) The Chairman shall be a whole-time member and the other members referred to in clause (c) of sub-section (3) may be appointed as whole-time or part-time members as the Central Government may think fit.
(5) The names of persons appointed as members shall be notified by the Central Government in the Official Gazette.
(6) During the temporary absence of the Chairman, the Central Government may appoint another member to act as the Chairman.