The International Airports Authority Act 1971
5. Terms of office and conditions of service of members
(1) Subject to the provisions of section 6, every member shall hold office for a period of three years from the date on which he assumes office :
Provided that the Central Government may
(a) terminate the appointment of any whole time member, who is not a servant of the Government, after giving him notice for a period of not less than three months or in lieu thereof on payment of an amount equal to his salary and allowances, if any, for a period of three months :
(b) terminate the appointment of any parttime member who is not a servant of the Government after giving him notice for such period as may be prescribed ; and
(c) terminate at any time the appointment of any member who is a servant of the Government.
(2) The other conditions of service of the members shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) Any member may resign his office by giving notice in writing for such period as may be prescribed to the Central Government and, on such resignation being notified in the Official Gazette by that Government, such member shall be deemed to have vacated his office.
(4) A casual vacancy caused by the resignation of a member under sub-section (3) or otherwise may be filled by fresh appointment and the person so appointed shall hold office for the remaining period for which the member in whose place he is appointed would have held office.