The Industries (Development And Regulation) Act, 1951
1. Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1[***]
(3) It shall come into force on such date2 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. The words “except the State of Jammu and Kashmir” omitted by Act 51 of 1961, sec. 2.
2. Came into force on 8th May 1952, vide Notification No. S.R.O. 811 dated 8th May. 1952 see Gazette of India, Extra, Pt. II, and sec. 3, P. 539.