The Industries (Development And Regulation) Act, 1951
10. Registration of existing industrial undertakings
1[(1) The owner of every existing industrial undertaking, not being the Central Government, shall within such period as the Central Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, fix in this behalf with respect to industrial undertakings generally or with respect to by class of them, register the undertaking in the prescribed manner.]
2[(3) Where an industrial undertaking is registered under this section, there shall be issued to the owner of the undertaking or the Central Government as the case may be, a certificate or registration 3[containing the productive capacity of the industrial undertaking and such other particulars as may be prescribed].]
4[(4) The owner of every industrial undertaking to whom a certificate of registration has been issued under this section before the commencement of the Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Act, 1973 (67 of 1973), shall, if the undertaking Calls within such class of undertakings as the Central Government by notification in the Official Gazette, specify in this behalf, produce, within such period as may be specified in Such notification, the certificate of registration for entering there in the productive capacity of the industrial undertaking and other prescribed particulars.
(5) In specifying the productive capacity, in any certificate of registration issued under subsection (3), the Central Government shall take into consideration the productive or installed capacity of the industrial undertaking as specified in the application for registration made under sub-section (1), the level of production immediately before the date on which the application for registration was made under subsection (1), the level of the highest annual production during the three years immediately preceding the introduction in Parliament of the Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 1973, the extent to which production during the said period was utilized for export and such other factors as the Central Government may consider relevant including the extent of under utilization of capacity, if any, during the relevant period due to any cause.]
1. Subs. by Act 26 of 1953, sec. 5, for the original sub-section, (1) (w.e.f. 1-10-1953).
2. Ins. by Act 26 of 1953, sec. 5 (w.e.f.1-10-1953).
3. Subs by Act 67 of 1973 sec. 2, for certain words (w.e.f. 7-2-1974).
4. Ins. by Act 67 of 1973 sec.2, for certain words (w.e.f. 7-2-1974).