The Industries (Development And Regulation) Act, 1951
18. Power of persons or body of persons appointed under section 15 to call for assistance in any investigation
(1) The person or body of persons appointed to make any investigation under section 15 1[or section 15A] may choose one or more persons possessing special knowledge of any matter relating to the investigation to assist him or it in holding the investigation.
(2) The person or body of persons so appointed shall have all the powers of a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), for the purpose of taking evidence oil oath (which he or it is hereby empowered to administer) and of enforcing the attendance of witnesses and compelling the production of documents and material objects, and the person or body of persons shall be deemed to be a civil court for all the purposes of section 195 and Chapter XXXV of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (5 of 1998).
1. Ins. by Act 26 of 1971 sec. 4 (w.e.f. 01-11-1971).
DIRECT MANAGEMENT OR CONTROL OF INDUSTRIAL UNDERTAKINGS BY CENTRAL GOVERNMENT IN CERTAIN CASES
1. Ins. by Act 26 of 1953, sec. 13 (w.e.f. 01-10-1953).