The Industries (Development And Regulation) Act, 1951
18AA. Power to take over industrial undertaking without investigation under certain circumstances
1[18AA. Power to take over industrial undertaking without investigation under certain circumstances. (1) Without prejudice to any other provisions of this Act, if from the documentary or other evidence in its possession, the Central Government is satisfied, in relation to an industrial undertaking, that. –
(a) The persons in charge of such industrial undertaking have, by reckless investments or creation of incumbrances on the assets of the industrial undertaking, or by diversion of funds, brought about a situation which is likely to affect the production of articles manufactured or produced in the industrial undertaking and that immediate actions necessary to prevent such a situation; or
(b) It has been closed for a period or not less than three months (whether by reason of the voluntary winding up of the company owing the industrial undertaking or for any other reason) and such closer is prejudicial to the concerned scheduled industry and that the financial condition of the company owing the industrial undertaking and the condition of the plant and machinery of such undertaking are such that it is possible to re-start the undertaking such re-starting is necessary in the interests of the general public,
It may by a notified order, authorize any person body of persons (hereafter referred to as the “authorized person”) to take over the management of the whole or any part of the industrial undertaking or to exercise in respect of the whole or any part of the industrial undertaking or to exercise in respect of the whole or any part of the undertaking such functions of control as may be specified in the order.
(2) The provisions of sub-section (2) of section 18A shall, a far as may be, apply to a notified order made under sub-section (1) as they apply to a notified order made under sub-section (1) of section 18A.
(3) Nothing contained in sub-section (1) and sub-section (2) shall apply to an industrial undertaking owned by a company which being wound up by or under the supervision of the court.
(4) Where any notified order has been made under sub-section (1), the person or body of persons having for the time being, charge of the management or control of the industrial undertaking, where by or under the orders of any court or any contract, instrument or otherwise, shall, notwithstanding anything contained in such order, contract, control, as the case may be, of the industrial undertaking to the authorized person.
(5) The provisions of sections 18B to 18E (both inclusive) shall, as far as may be, apply to, or in relation to, the industrial undertaking, in respect of which a notified order has been made under sub-section (1), as they apply to an industrial undertaking in relation to which a notified order has been issued under section 18A].
1. Inserted by Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Act, 1971 (72 of 1971), S. 5 (1-11-1971).