3. Submission of Draft Standing Orders
(1) Within six months from the date on which this Act becomes applicable to an industrial establishment, the employer shall submit to the Certifying Officer five copies of the draft standing orders proposed by him for adoption in his industrial establishment.
(2) Provision shall be made in such draft for every matter set out in the Schedule which may be applicable to the industrial establishment, and where model standing orders have been prescribed, shall be, so. far as is practicable, in conformity with such model.
(3) The draft standing orders submitted under this section shall be, accompanied by a statement giving prescribed particulars of the workmen employed in the industrial establishment including the name of the trade union, if any, to which they belong.
(4) Subject to such conditions as may be prescribed, a group of employers in similar industrial establishments may submit a joint draft of standing orders under this section.
MAHARASHTRA : GUJARAT.
(i) For sub-section (1), substitute the following:
“(1) Within six months from the date on which the model standing orders apply to any industrial establishment under Sec. 2-A, the employer or any workman employed therein may submit to the Certifying Officer five copies of the draft amendment for adoption in such industrial establishment:
Provided that no amendment which provides for the deletion or omission of any rule in the model standing orders relating to any matter set out in the Schedule shall be submitted under this section,”
(ii) Omit sub-section (2) :
(iii) In sub-section (3), for the words “draft standing orders” substitute “draft amendments”;
(iv) In sub-section (4), for the words “draft of standing orders”, substitute “draft of amendments”; (v) For the marginal note, substitute the following marginal note: “Submission of amendments”-Bombay Act XXI of 1958, Sec. 7 (15th January, 1959); Act XI of 1960, Sec. 87 (1st May, 1960).