Indian Penal Code (IPC)
Section 121A. Conspiracy to commit offences punishable by section 121
1121A. Conspiracy to commit offences punishable by section 121.— Whoever within or without 2[India] conspires to commit any of the offences punishable by Section 121, 3[***] or conspires to overawe, by means of criminal force or the show of criminal force, 4[the Central Government or any 5[State] Government 6[***], shall be punished with 7[imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment of either description which may extend to ten years, 8[and shall also be liable to fine].
To constitute a conspiracy under this section, it is not necessary that any act or illegal omission shall take place in pursuance thereof.
CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENCE
Punishment—Imprisonment for life, or imprisonment for 10 years and fine—Cognizable—Non-bailable—Triable by Court of Session—Non-compoundable.
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 1870, sec. 4.
2. The words “British India” have successively been subs. by the A.O. 1948, the A.O. 1950 and Act 3 of 1951, sec. 3 and Sch., to read as above.
3. The words “or to deprive the Queen of the sovereignty of the Provinces or of any part thereof” omitted by the A.O. 1950.
4. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for “the Government of India” or any “Local Government”.
5. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for “Provincial”.
6. The words “or the Government of Burma” omitted by the A.O. 1948.
7. Subs. by Act 26 of 1955, sec. 117 and Sch., for “transportation for life or any shorter term” (w.e.f. 1-1-1956).
8. Subs. by Act 16 of 1921, sec. 3, for “and shall forfeit all his property”.