1. Short title, extent, commencement and application
(1) This Act may be called the Jammu and Kashmir Consumer Protection Act, 1987.
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the Government may, by notification in the Government Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
(4) Save as otherwise expressly provided by the Government by notification, in the Government Gazette, this Act shall apply to all goods and services.