51. Contribution by parents. –
(1) The competent authority which makes an order for sending a neglected juvenile or a delinquent juvenile to a juvenile home or a special home or placing the juvenile under the care of a fit person or fit institution may make an order requiring the parent or other person liable to maintain the juvenile to contribute to his maintenance, if able to do so, in the prescribed manner.
(2) The competent authority before making any order under sub-section (1) shall inquiry into the circumstances of the parent or other person liable to maintain the juvenile and shall record evidence, if any, in the presence of the parent or such other person, as the case may be.
(3) The person liable to maintain a juvenile shall, for the purposes of sub-section (1), include in the case of illegitimacy, his putative father :
Provided that where the juvenile is illegitimate and an order for his maintenance has been made under section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974), the competent authority shall not ordinarily make an order for contribution against the putative father, but may order the whole or any part of the sums accruing due under the said order for maintenance to be paid to such person as may be named by the competent authority and such sum shall be paid by him towards the maintenance of the juvenile.
(4) Any order made under this section may be enforced in the same manner as an order under section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974).