1. SHORT TITLE, EXTENT, APPLICATION AND COMMENCEMENT. –
(1) This Act may be called the Maharashtra Mathadi, Hamal and other Manual Workers (Regulation of Employment and Welfare) Act, 1969.
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of Maharashtra.
(3) It applies to the employments specified in the Schedule hereto.
(4) It shall come into force on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different areas, and for different employments, and for different provisions of the Act.
(4A) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (4), and in Government Notification, Industries and Labour Department, No. UMA. 1272/Lab-IV, dated the 28th March 1972, this Act shall be deemed to have come into force in the areas specified in column 2 of the Table below on the dates and in respect of the employments specified in columns specified in columns 3 and 4 against each such areas in the said Table, respectively.