7. POWERS AND DUTIES OF BOARD. –
(1) The Board shall be responsible for administering a scheme, and shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be conferred on it by the scheme.
(2) The Board may take such measures as it may deem fit for administering the scheme.
(3) The Board shall submit to the State Government, as soon as may be, after the 1st of April every year, and not later than the 31st day of October, an annual report on the working of the scheme during the preceding year ending on 31st day of March of that year. Every report so received shall be laid as soon as may be after it is received before each House of the State Legislature if it is in session, or in the session immediately following the date of receipt of the report.
(4) In exercise of the powers and discharge of its functions, the Board shall be bound by such directions as the State Government may, for reason to be stated in writing, give to it from time to time.