35. REGISTRATION OF AGREEMENTS.
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification, specify a day hereinafter referred to as the appointed day on and from which every agreement falling within section 33 shall become registrable under this Act :
Provided that different days may be appointed for different categories of agreements.
(2) Within sixty days from the appointed day, in the case of an agreement existing on that day, and in the case of an agreement made after the appointed day, within sixty days from the making thereof, there shall be furnished to the Director General in respect of every agreement falling within section 33, the following particulars, namely :-
(a) the names of the persons who are parties to the agreement; and
(b) the whole of the terms of the agreement.
(3) If at any time after the agreement has been registered under this section, the agreement is varied (whether in respect of the parties or in respect of the terms thereof) or determined otherwise than by efflux of time, particulars of the variation or determination shall be furnished to the Director General within one month after the date of the variation or determination.
(4) The particulars to be furnished under this section in respect of an agreement shall be furnished –
(a) in so far as the agreement or any variation or determination of the agreement is made by an instrument in writing, by the production of the original or a true copy of that agreement; and
(b) in so far as the agreement or any variation or determination of the agreement is not so made, by the production of a memorandum in writing signed by the person by whom the particulars are furnished.
(5) The particulars to be furnished under this section shall be furnished by or on behalf of any person who is a party to the agreement or, as the case may be, was a party thereto immediately before its determination, and where the particulars are duly furnished by or on behalf of any such person, the provisions of this section shall be deemed to be complied with on the part of all such persons.
Explanation I : Where any agreement subject to registration under this section relates to the production, storage, supply, distribution or control of goods or the performance of any services in India and any party to the agreement carries on business in India, the agreement shall be deemed to be an agreement within the meaning of this section, notwithstanding that any other party to the agreement does not carry on business in India.
Explanation II : Where an agreement is made by a trade association the agreement for the purposes of this section shall be deemed to be made by all persons who are members of the association or represented thereon as if each such person were a party to the agreement.
Explanation III : Where specific recommendations, whether express or implied, are made by or on behalf of a trade association to its members, or to any class of its members, as to the action to be taken or not to be taken by them in relation to any matter affecting the trade conditions of those members, this section shall apply in relation to the agreement for the constitution of the association notwithstanding any provision to the contrary therein as if it contained a term by which each such member and any person represented on the association by any such member agreed with the association to comply with those recommendations and any subsequent recommendations affecti
ng those recommendations.