Motor Vehicles Act 1988
60. Registration of vehicles belonging to the Central Government.
(1) Such authority as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify, may register any motor vehicle which is the property or for the time being under the exclusive control of the Central Government and is used for Government purposes relating to the defence of the country and unconnected with any commercial enterprise and any vehicle so registered shall not, so long as it remains the property or under the exclusive control of the Central Government, require to be registered otherwise under this Act.
(2) The authority registering a vehicle under sub-section (1) shall assign a registration mark in accordance with the provisions contained in the rules made in this behalf by the Central Government and shall issue a certificate in respect of that vehicle to the effect that such vehicle complies for the time being with all the requirements of this Act and the rules made thereunder and that the vehicle has been registered under this section.
(3) A vehicle registered under this section shall carry the certificate issued under sub-section (2).
(4) If a vehicle registered under this section ceases to be the property or under the exclusive control of the Central Government, the provisions of sections 39 and 40 shall thereupon apply.
(5) The authority registering a vehicle under sub-section (1) shall furnish to any State Government all such information regarding the general nature, overall dimensions and axle weights of the vehicle as the State Government may at any time require.