7A- National Fund for Control of Drug Abuse.
NATIONAL FUND FOR CONTROL OF DRUG ABUSE
1 Ins, by Act, No. 2 of 1989 (w.e.f. 29-5-1989).
7-A. National Fund for Control of Drug Abuse
(1) The Central Government may, try notification in the Official Gazette, constitute a Fund to be called the National Fund for Control of Drug Abuse (hereafter in this Chapter referred to as the Fluid) and there shall be credited thereto, –
(a) An amount which the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, provide;
(b) The sale proceeds of any property forfeited under Chapter V-A;
(c) Any grants that may be made by any person or institution;
(d) Any income from investment of the amounts credited to the Fund Under the aforesaid provisions.
1[(2) The Fund shall be applied by the Central Government to meet the expenditure incurred in connection with the measures taken for-
(a) Combating illicit traffic in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances or controlled substances;
(b) Controlling the abuse of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances;
(c) Identifying, treating, rehabilitating addicts;
(d) Preventing drug abuse;
(e) Educating public against drug abuse; and
(f) Supplying drugs to addicts where such supply is a medical necessity
(3) The Central Government may constitute a Governing Body as it thinks fit to advise that Government and to sanction money out of the said Fund subject to the limit notified by the Central Government in the Official Gazette.]
(4) The governing Body shall consist of a Chairman (not below the rank of an Additional Secretary to the Central Government) and such other members not exceeding six as the Central Government may appoint.
(5) The Governing Body shall have the power to regulate its one procedure.
1. Substituted by Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Act, 2001,w.e.f. 2-10-2001 vide SO 957 (E), dt. 27-9-2001.