Laws and Bare Acts of India at

MyNation Foundation Online Law Library

Section 21 – The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965

The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965


21. Recovery of bonus due from an employer –


Where any money is due to an employee by way of bonus from his employer under a settlement or an award or agreement, the employee himself, or any other person authorised by him in writing in this behalf, or in the case of the death of the employee, his assignee or heirs may, without prejudice to any other mode of recovery made an application to the appropriate Government for the recovery, of the money due to him, and if the appropriate Government or such authority as the appropriate Government may specify in this behalf is satisfied that any money is so due, it shall issue a certificate for that amount to the Collector who shall proceed to recover the same in the same manner as an arrear of land revenue :


Provided that every such application shall be made within one year from the date on which the money became due to the employee from the employer :


Provided further that any such application may be entertained after the expiry of the said period of one year, if the appropriate Government is satisfied that the applicant had sufficient cause for not making the application within the said period.


Explanation – In this section and in [(Note: Subs. by Act 66 of 1980, (w.e.f. 21st August, 1980) Secs. 22,23,24 and 25], “employee” includes a person who is entitled to the payment of bonus under this Act but who is no longer in employment.



Previous | Next


The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965


Indian Laws – Bare Acts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Not found ...? HOW TO WIN 498a, DV, DIVORCE; Search in Above link

All Law documents and Judgment copies
Landmark Judgments
Important SC/HC Judgements on 498A IPC
Rules and Regulations of India.
Copyright © 2021 Laws and Bare Acts of India at

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation