The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act,1960
Section 4. Establishment of Animal Welfare Board of India
CHAPTER II 1[ANIMAL WELFARE BOARD OF INDIA]
1. Subs. by Act 26 of 1982; S. 3, for the words “Animal Welfare Board” .
4. Establishment of Animal Welfare Board of India-
(1) For the promotion of animal welfare generally and for the purpose of protecting animals from being subjected to unnecessary pain or suffering, in particular, there shall be established by the Central Government, as soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, a Board to be called the 1[Animal Welfare Board of India.]
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and may by its name sue and be sued.
1. Subs. by Act 26 of 1982; S. 4 for the words “Animal Welfare Board” .